Central Bible College, located in Springfield, Missouri is seeking a temporary Part-Time Campus Safety Guard.
CBC is the premier Bible College of the Assemblies of God. For 90 years, CBC has established a rich tradition of relevance, educating and equipping believers to declare God's Word and build God's Kingdom in their generation. Central Bible College develops Spirit-filled leaders by combining education and experience within the context of a spiritually vibrant community.
Job Title: Part-time Campus Safety Guard
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt
Hours: Weekday evenings, 29.5 hours per week or less
Contact: 417-833-2551 ext. 1144 or email email@example.com
Major Function: To perform a variety of security-related duties including patrolling and securing assigned areas of responsibility.
- Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusionand ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate cameras devices and software to screen individuals and prevent passage of those prohibited.
- Operate door access control system and ID card control.
- Escort or drive motor vehicle to transport individuals to specified locations or to provide personal protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The physical security (locking) of all buildings including dormitories, administrative, physical plant, etc.
- Patrolling of the CBC campus
- Write tickets for parking and traffic violations in accordance with the student handbook
- Should be flexible when it comes to scheduling to meet the needs of a 24 hour a day/7 day a week (including holidays) department operation and special activities
- Must be aware of emergency procedures written in the Campus Safety Manual.
- Candidate will also be required to be a fill-in guard on weekends when needed, at the discretion of the Executive Director for Campus Safety
A successful candidate must be a high school graduate or GED recipient, be at least 21 years of age, and have an acceptable driving record. They must be have previous groundskeeping experience, be knowledgeable and understanding of general landscaping and maintenance, and be able to lift 75+ pounds of weight. Candidate should be personable, detail oriented, and organized.
For full-time employees, Central Bible College offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inexpensive insurance benefit program, which includes a voluntary medical insurance plan (we pay 65% of the monthly premium) that can cover you, your spouse, and your dependents in network. We also offer dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, CBC provides a no-cost term life insurance policy which equals twice your annual salary, a voluntary life insurance plan available for a minimal cost, a voluntary long term disability plan, a voluntary short term disability plan, a Flexible spending plan and lastly, a 403(b) Retirement Plan through Assemblies of God Financial Solutions.
Interested candidates should print and complete an application for employment and submit it to the Human Resources Department via mail, fax, or e-mail.